Wednesday, October 29, 2014

School vision test


Thomas had a vision screening test at school today.  We got a letter sent home about it a few weeks ago and I completely forgot about it, so I didn’t prepare him for it.  When I picked him up from school, he happily told me that he got his eyes checked today.  'Crap!'  I thought to myself  'I wonder how that went?'  When I opened his backpack there was a slip with three boxes.  One basically said he passed, one said he didn’t pass and one said it wasn’t possible to screen your child’s vision, because of nervousness, shyness, lack of attention, etc.   I was so happy to see that the passed box was checked off!  I know that this time last year it definitely would have been that third box-unable to screen.  I was so proud of him that he did this with the nurse he never even met before and was verbal.  Big progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment