Thursday, February 12, 2015

Getting a feel for the gym ... part 2

A few days later I came to school one morning and went in the gym with Thomas.  He did great!  At first he said he wanted to leave, but I pushed him a little.  I asked what made it scary, the smell, the bright lights, the noise and he said the noise.  We asked the gym teacher what the buzzing noises were and he told us it was the heater.  Thomas and I joked that if they turned it off the whole school would be freezing and need to wear their hats, etc (Humor really works with him.)  He thought this was funny, so then I walked him around the gym and we started looking at the pictures and stuff around the room, then he started galloping and eventually I said I bet you can't beat me to the other side of the gym and then he took off.  After that he was fine.  Running all over, throwing balls, etc.  I am hoping he remembers the experience and how fun it was.  Plus knowing what the buzzing sound is might help him too.  Who knows, but I am hoping!!  I am going to join him for a gym class or two 

No comments:

Post a Comment