Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Breath of fresh air!


I had an amazing meeting with our school district's child study team today.  I was very nervous going in, because I knew how much I wanted to relay to them and have them understand Thomas's struggles.  Very rarely does something/someone exceed my expectations, but they certainly did.  They are amazing and so proactive! What a breath of fresh air!!!!  After fighting so much for my son over the past two years and struggling for people to understand, it is wonderful to feel understood.  They want to read and find out as much as they can about SM and want me to send them all my literature, etc.  

The preschool teacher is very open to helping Thomas through the summer too, so I really feel that he will do very well in his new school next year and future years there as he gets into grade school. I will be meeting with the social worker for a review in the next month and the school psychologist will be going to observe Thomas in his preschool setting. He will not know she is there to observe him, as he has never met her, so we thought that would work to everyone’s benefit. Also the speech therapist and school psychologist were open to coming to our house to do some other evaluations, so this will be happening in the next month as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment