Thursday, July 24, 2014

Summer camps summary

Thomas attended a science camp at his preschool from the past year the last week of June that went very well.  (See post from July 7th)  It was a small amount of children and although he had separation issues, he had a fun time once I left.  So we decided to sign him up for a regular camp at the same school with the same teacher in the same room a few weeks later.  We were very hopeful it would go well, since science camp went pretty good.  It did not.  He was not very happy the first day I picked him up.  He said it was too many people and too much noise.  There were a lot more people at the regular camp, but we asked if he could give it another try the next day and he did.  When I picked him up the teacher told me he didn’t have a good day and that he was crying a lot.  We asked him if he wanted to try again tomorrow, but he didn’t and so we decided to pull him out of camp.  He went to this camp last year and had a great time.  He ended up going both weeks and now this year he couldn’t even do two days.  So confused and frustrated.  I feel so sad for him and so desperately wish I knew what was going on in that little head of his.  I have to keep focusing on the positive and everything he is making progress with though.  The fact that he enjoyed one out of two summer camps really is a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment