Friday, August 1, 2014

More SPD books

In my quest to read as much as I can about SPD, I began reading  The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorderand in the process came across a wonderful companion to this called The Out-of-Sync Child Has Fun, Revised Edition: Activities for Kids with Sensory Processing DisorderThis book was just what I was looking for to get ideas of sensory-motor activities we could do together outside of OT.  It breaks activities down by area (vestibular/proprioceptive/tactile, etc.) which is really helpful so you can focus in on the areas that your specific child needs the most help.  I borrowed both of these from the library, but after renewing it a few times, I bought The Out of Sync Child Has Fun, as I knew I would want to refer to it often.  It is a great reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment